Tuesday, January 21, 2014

What a Good Week!

"What a good week! The weather is so weird here. I don't even understand. Yesterday was almost 60 degrees. Then today it was colder and snowed for about 30 minutes. Didn't stick, just light flaky pretty stuff. I did get my voice back finally, which is such a tender mercy. I am grateful for a companion that can sing. We sing all the time (:"

"Miracle for this week- we got 2 new investigators, by way of miracle! One is the son of a returning less active member, and the other is his next door neighbor. There's a cool thing we use called the "Zion around Zion" principle. Generally people who live by or around members of the church can feel that there is something different, so they change, or just the realm of the spirit is sweeter. I'm not sure how to explain it. The Spirit spreads ha ha (: so knocking on doors around member's houses are some of the best finding tactics. One lives across the apartment breezeway from his mom, and the other lives next door to her. The Spirit is on the 3rd floor of building L (: Our other investigator is doing well- we are slowly but surely making progress with her. Baptism is hopefully in the near future. No solid date commitments yet."

"We've designated Monday evenings for an hour with the sweetest lady in our ward. Sister H helps her with her cross stitching projects (they both love to sew), and she is helping me with family history. So I am starting our family history work (: SO excited!!! She's teaching me so much, and I am learning a ton about family history."

"Music classes are growing slowly, but growing nevertheless. We have a whole non-member family attending these classes which is really fun. They are in the other sisters' area, but we are hoping that the Spirit in our building will get them asking questions. We have several ward members taking, and then these cute kids. Lots of fun- totally helping, I love it."

No comments:

Post a Comment