Monday, August 18, 2014

Head Over Heels in Love with Missionary Work!

"AH! 25 days! Actually to be totally honest, I'm doing really good, cause I just barely had to count how many days I have left."

"Things in KY are going pretty good actually. We had one investigator at church, but he is solid, and we're going to try and set him on date this week. His whole family are members, but him, and after his aunt died, he started investigating the church. He was raised in it, and knows a little of the doctrine, but he is still very young in the gospel. He knows a lot of the branch members so that helps. I'm going to start teaching piano to one of our investigators. We had this REALLY amazing member present lesson with her at the park with a really solid recent convert. At the end of her lesson we got on the subject of music, and she mentioned that she had always wanted to learn to play something, but she never got the chance. So I offered to teach her to play the piano, and she got all excited and said she would love to learn. So I'm going to start teaching her (: I'm really excited!"

"This week was...well, eventful. That's a good word for it. Tuesday was the longest day of my life, I swear. Our numbers looked REALLY good this week, and we almost hit the standard. That is my goal this transfer is to hit the standard at least one more time, and with our awesome teaching pool (one of the best I have seen my whole mission), I think we will be able to hit it."

"Thursday we were teaching one of our investigators and Sister H got bit by a hornet or wasp or something. She said it hurt really bad once we got to the car. She almost cried it hurt so bad, and her arm started to go red. She had a rash and it was swollen, but it wasn't too bad. The next morning we looked at it and it looked worse. I tried to get her to take Benadryl, but she said it makes her extremely drowsy and she refused to take it. I had some extra allergy pills and gave her some anti-itch stuff to rub on her arm. She said it helped for a little. Then during the day it just kept getting bigger and redder and puffier, so finally we called the mission nurse and we sent pictures from Beth's phone. Frantically, the nurse called us back after she got the photos and had sent them to the big east coast mission doc and said we needed to go to an outreach clinic or the ER that night. It was like, 7 so we go to the outreach clinic. We wait an hour and ten minutes. The doc put her on this steriod cream, demanded that she take two benadryl every 6 to 8 hours and sent us home. It has cleared up really nicely, just a slight rash. She slept the day after the ER until 12:30 in the afternoon. No wonder she doesn't like to take it haha...I couldn't get her up, no matter how many times I told her what time it was. But she's doing better now."

"It has rained everyday except for like, 2 this week. Did I miss something, or is this another round of Noah's ark? I swear, I have never seen so much rain! Driving in the rain will be a cinch for the rest of my life."

"I gave a talk in Sacrament meeting on Sunday about the gathering of Israel. I talked about member missionary work and temple work. They live in the Louisville (loo-a-ville...) KY temple district. It's about 2 hours away. Family history doesn't seem to be huge out in these here parts as much as WV. So I told them to get crackin' (: haha not really. I was kind about it. but I did tell them that it's part of our duty as members to be gathering Israel just as the Savior has asked us multiple times."

"Well, not much else to report this week. I've fallen head over heels in love with missionary work! I can't wait to continue this at home. I love you all- hope to hear from you soon!"

1 comment:

  1. Wish I'd seen this earlier! But I guess you wouldn't have gotten the message in time anyway.. If you ever have sting or bite situation like this again, look for this herb/weed, crush the leaf as best you can to get to the juice and squeeze/rub/hold it on the bite or sting. It works amazing! I let the stuff grow in the garden now whenever I can leave it. (Susan I.) http://wellnessmama.com/5387/plantain-healing-herb/

    ReplyDelete