Monday, July 22, 2013

Transfers are always an adventure

"Transfers are always an adventure. The morning of transfers we drove to the church building in Blacksburg (our ward building) and we dropped Sister H off with the rest of the missionaries going north. An elder from our district was going home, so that was really exciting. So everyone in the zone gathered at our church parking lot, and we loaded the "transfer train", two 15 passenger vans and a big U-Haul truck for the luggage. Everyone that was going up north piled into the van and left. By the time the other elders had left, and the transfer train was gone, there were five missionaries from our district left, including myself. All of our companions had left so we all went on exchanges with each other. We went to McDonalds for breakfast, and I did a day exchange with Sister S, the only other sister left in our district. She came out the transfer after me. Sister J and I actually called her the weekend before she came in so that was kind of fun. I love Sister S, she is so wonderful! At 4:30 the transfer train came back to the church with the new missionaries. We had several new sisters...one of whom I had gone to high school with, Sister W. Way funny! Everyone makes fun of me, cause I can somehow make connections to them through mutual friends, family, or activities. I had accapella with Sister W. Sister O is my new companion. (Elizabeth went to school with Sister O's twin cousins.) Sister O is from Provo. She's 20. She plays the violin (which she brought with her). Her mom's family actually all live in Huntington, WV." 

"What a sad inbox...Well, I can't wait to hear from you soon. It's been a way slow mail week."
Remember you can email her. Her email address is elizabeth.peck@myldsmail.net. She is really good about responding. If you want her apartment address in Virginia, email me and I'll send it to you (cindy6@softsolutions.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment