Tuesday, March 4, 2014

2 BAPTISMS ON SATURDAY!! WOOOOOOH!!!

"This week the weather decided to suck, and the library was closed yesterday. It snowed only like, 3 inches, but the ice was bad. It was 60 on Sunday, and it sprinkled. It smelled like rain for the first time since summer. It was so wonderful to feel the spring humidity again. I seriously can not wait for the summer time!!"

"We have had a super busy week getting ready for our 2 BAPTISMS ON SATURDAY!! WOOOOOOH!!! These will be my first two baptisms I've seen, but I don't really consider them as mine, because they are basically done with all the lessons. I have taught them the last two. Obviously they are the Lord's baptisms not my own, but it is so amazing to see two solid people ready to make covenants with the Father. They both love the church. They want to be sealed next year, and this is helping her mother (a LA) come back to church. We love these folks!! They are fantastic!!"

"This past week was zone conference, and as you have seen in President's letters, we are going back to the basics, and part of that is giving ourselves up to the work. Paraphrasing the Lord, C.S. Lewis says to us: "Give me all. I don't want so much of your time, so much of your talents and money, and so much of your work: I want You, all of You. I have not come to torment or frustrate the natural man, but to kill it. No half-measures will do. I don't want to only prune a branch here and another there; rather, I want the whole tree out. Hand it all over to me, the whole outfit, all of your desires, all of your wants and wishes and dreams. Turn them all over to me, give yourself to me and I will make of you a new self in my image. Give me yourself and in exchange I will give you Myself. My will, shall become your will. My heart, shall become your heart." (Mere Christianity, C.S. Lewis, p. 167)"

"I've been having a tough time adjusting to Bluefield - But I swear, this zone conference was totally for me! So much revelation & spiritual guidance! It was truly a neat conference. So my district leader knows I am/was having a hard time in Bluefield, so he told me to read D&C 25. I read it out of my quad with all my seminary notes, and Holy revelatory experience! Verse 4 really hit home and especially when I realized that I'm the only one keeping myself from loving Bluefield! I know that God blesses us when we're humble enough to learn what his will is, cause our will needs to be his."

"My heart is slowly changing, and I am starting to just absolutely love the people in this branch. They are so much fun, and there is so much love for the gospel oozing out of the members here. Even though the Sunday attendance is sparse, their spirituality is just busting out of their eyes, and they participate in what they are asked to do. I love Sundays here." 

No comments:

Post a Comment