Monday, March 10, 2014

Wow, What a Week of Miracles

"Wow, what a week of miracles it has been for us! Not only is the weather starting to warm up, and both of our other investigators are progressing, but two of our investigators joined the church this week...the baptism was held on Saturday evening! They were just glowing. Her mom was beaming- she had worked so hard for that experience. They were both confirmed on Sunday. What a special treat- I am grateful that the Lord saw fit to bless me with that experience."

"The weather is warming up, finally! Yesterday it was 50ish and then this afternoon should be upper 50's. The whole mission I think is excited for spring. We were visiting a member who was telling us about how she saw robins this week- and in Bluefield, that means spring is around the corner...like, it starts in 4 days. The harbinger has spoken (: The sky is blue, the wind is warm, our gloves and scarves are being stashed. I love spring!!"

"One of our investigators, S, is totally wonderful. She is basically a member she just needs to get baptized. She asked me this week on Saturday when we met with her if I could teach her piano. So once again, I have pulled out my piano books, and we will be teaching her back to back piano/gospel lessons on Fridays. She has investigated since last July. It has taken her a lot to get where she is at- but oh my gosh, I have never met anyone as faithful as she is. When I first met her, I wanted to get an idea of where she stood as far as the lessons and her testimony. She told me when I asked her if she had prayed about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith that she didn't have to pray- she just knew that they were true. How's that for a golden investigator?! She quite smoking cold turkey, and she is warming up to us. She texts us all the time with questions, and she is trying to get her nieces and nephews to come to church with her. I felt inspired to promise her that if she made church on Sundays a priority and if she came and partook of the sacrament every week, the Lord would help her quit coffee. She told us that as her priorities of coming to church more have changed, her nieces and nephews are attending churches, and are making God more of a priority for themselves. So many cool miracles!! I love her!! I want to stay another transfer and at least see her be baptized and finish her music lessons!"

"We are working with a few less actives, and our ward goals and plans for the year revolve around our ward roster and reactivation. We have 400 plus people in our ward and if we can activate at least 30 or so percent, we could split our ward. So we are trying to reactivate. We found a gold mine- we just have to be prayerful about how we extract all of these faithful members from inactivity."

"I hope everyone has had a great week! May the Lord bless you in your endeavors and don't forget us in the field! (: Hope to hear from you soon! Love you all!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment