Monday, March 17, 2014

I absolutely LOVE the Book of Mormon!!

"This weekend was our stake conference. It was broadcast out of Salt Lake, so we were privileged to listen to L. Tom Perry. He gave a wonderful talk on missionary work, and that sharing the gospel to all the world is part of the covenant we make at baptism. We also got to hear the first counselor in the general Primary speak, and her talk was really good, It was on sharing the Book of Mormon. We also heard Bruce A Carlson and he said a lot of things about sharing the gospel that really hit home for me."

"Tuesday last week was Specialized Training for our zone. We talked about the Book of Mormon, and studied every page possible in PMG about how to use it and share it. Whenever I think about the Book of Mormon, or am asked to share an experience or testimony about it, I tell the story about how my dad and his companion changed the Belgium Mission just by offering the Book of Mormon to people to have in their homes. That's something I feel like our mission needs to understand. In Bedford, our zone leaders issued a challenge on the day that it was 11 degrees outside. We had a competition to see who could hand out the most Books of Mormon. The Bedford 4 got together and we handed out 30-some odd books to people that day. I love the Book of Mormon. We as a mission were challenged at our zone conference 2 weeks ago to read it again by June. I'm going to see if I can read it twice by June. My new year's resolution was to be able to read it 2 more times on my mission and then once at home...it has increased, and I'm going to see if I can read it at least 3 more times as a missionary, and then maybe twice more when I come home. I absolutely LOVE the Book of Mormon!!!"

"After training, we got to go on exchanges with our sister trainer leaders.They are serving in Blacksburg, which isn't even a "far-see" away from Christiansburg. So for exchanges I went to sunny Blacksburg. I had the privilege to go through Christiansburg again. Oh the memories!!! I had a really good time in Blacksburg. That area of Virginia is very beautiful- but I'd still put Bedford first (:"

"I am really grateful to be on a mission. I wouldn't ever trade this time that I have to learn and grow the way that I have as a servant of God. Thank you so much to all you who have supported me in my endeavors to be the best that I can be! My scripture of the week- Mosiah 23:24. I am grateful for the Savior's amazing grace, and promised blessings of redemption as we plead with him to deliver us from bondage."

"Hope y'all have a great week! Can't wait to hear from you soon!"

No comments:

Post a Comment