Monday, May 5, 2014

"Like driving 75 mph through a car wash"

We got a letter from Elizabeth on Friday. Here is an update.

Her investigator is doing well. Her new baptism date is May 11. Transfers are May 8. "I'm praying the Lord will let me stay here for another transfer so that I can see her make covenants with Heavenly Father. (What, I have feelings for Bluefield now?!) I have absolutely come to love her. She's like the 3rd older sister I never had.(: LOL But I love the heck out of her and would do a lot to see her be baptized. she has worked so hard & changed so much."

Last week she had a district meeting in Wytheville which is about 45 minutes south of Bluefield. After the meeting they went to Denny's for lunch and she ran into her aunt and uncle in the parking lot. They live in Charleston, WV so they were a long way from home. She called it a tender mercy. These are her words about what happened next. "About 10 minutes out, the overcast skies turned into serious rain clouds and lightning broke through the clouds. It started to rain, and got heavier and heavier as we drove down the freeway, trying to avoid the run-ff and spray from passing tractor-trailers, and large trucks. The rain got worse and eventually my wipers were on full blast, and the lines on the road disappeared. The large white truck in front of me started to sway and I too started to drift. It was like driving through a car wash at 75 mph. I was praying so hard, I knew Heavenly Father would protect us. I prayed that I would make it to the East River Mountain Tunnel (Google image it) cause once you make it through the mountain, the climate changes and it was possible it wasn't raining on the other side. With the hand of the Lord, I was able to find and stick by the yellow line and we made it to the tunnel - low & behold, it had just stopped raining on the other side of the mountain. I am really grateful that we were protected while driving through the eye of this huge spring thunder shower. Plus it was really cool (:."

No comments:

Post a Comment