Monday, May 19, 2014

Scriptures, Prayer and Chocolate

"So we had zone conference Tuesday, and it went incredibly well. We learned a lot from president about the patriarch and the matriarch of the family, it was totally a side topic, cause a couple of elders asked some questions. My song went really well, and I had a lot of compliments on it. I sang "I stand all amazed" and played it too. Our zone leaders now call me Alicia Keys."

"As missionaries, we have studied about the last week of the Savior's life, and how incredibly difficult it was. Before the miracle of the resurrection happened, he had to die. You can't get much worse than that. As missionaries, we have also seen the last week of being a gentile, before stepping into the waters of baptism, and how incredibly difficult it is. Satan is after you the whole time. Stupid adversary, it drives me insane sometimes, especially as a missionary, when your investigators are doing so well, but they are struggling so bad."

"Our investigator is totally going through this. Caty- that scripture you sent me in your letter this week (D&C 58:2-5) could not have come at a better time. It was divine, the day I opened that she was struggling so bad with the influences of her life. So bad in fact, that I almost had an anxiety attack over it. At this point as a missionary, and as a disciple of Christ, I would do anything to provide her with the blessings of eternal life, and seeing her struggle is one of the hardest things for me right now. This week's forecast: lots of scriptures, lots of time on our knees, and a whole lot of chocolate for the three of us. I have finally discovered what being a missionary is all about, and I think I have even tasted of the bitter-sweetness (80% cocao) of charity. True, Christ-like charity. Holy Wow."

"So as for now, I am "pressing forward" as she says to us often. She is a very strong example of what true pioneer women were like. In church yesterday, a sister gave a talk about being pioneers of the gospel in our families and our communities. I could tell our investigator loved it, especially when she talked about being the first in your family to join the church, and how much strength that takes, and how much of an influence she will be- it's only the beginning to bringing her family to the Gospel and to the Savior himself. Keep her in your prayers, and pray for her to be strong. I seriously can't wait for her baptism- it will probably be one of the most spiritual things I will experience on my mission."


No comments:

Post a Comment